Effectus Learning is delighted to work with The National Skills Academy for Financial Services to bring you the following learning programmes.
Improve skills, confidence and effectiveness in your workforce with a range of courses covering assertiveness, personal impact, influencing skills, negotiating skills and team management.
Effectus has developed a range of off-the-shelf leadership and management courses that can be delivered as one, two or three day workshops and tailored to your organisation’s requirements. These cover topics including people management, coaching and mentoring, managing remote teams, presentation skills and recruitment and selection.
Service and sales training
Our service and sales courses have been developed to meet the needs of leading financial services organisations and include training in
service excellence, sales floor management, sales delivery, advanced sales skills and motivating saes teams.
The list of courses below is a sample of the full range of courses we can offer you.
Throughout the year, open courses are arranged on which individual places can be booked.
The programme is for employees who:
- have been leading teams for a while and would beneﬁt from greater awareness of leadership principles to enhance their management skills, or
- have recently taken on team leading and management responsibilities and want to gain a deeper understanding of management issues, or
- aspire to be team leaders or ﬁrst line managers
The programme covers four key areas of management:
- planning change and the communications process
- problem solving and decision making
- assessing performance
- people motivation at work
Methods of learning
- Interactive, multimedia resources accessible on our e-learning platform – this is a self-study component
- One induction workshop and three group workshops (2-3 hours each) based in the workplace – this is 11 hours of face to face learning
- Continuous telephone and email support from the tutor
- Practical, work based activities and three assignments of between 1,000 and 1,500 words each
Delivered through a series of face to face workshops, action learning sets and supported by on line learning materials, the programme leads to an internationally recognised qualification, the ILM level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management and is a platform for MBA level of study.
The LMS is supported by the highly renowned Moodle platform on robust web servers, and uses instant notification monitoring tools to flag up to the Skills Academy any technical issues affecting availability that can then be addressed quickly by a dedicated support team.
The LMS can also be customised to link to a firm’s existing web services, and designed to match an existing corporate design.
Orient, Discover, Plot and Roadmap your business needs with the Navigator Approach. At the heart of the Navigator Approach is the Navigator Discovery Tool – a structured, automated questionnaire to help gather facts and analyse results. A professional report is produced which is used by your dedicated Business Analyst to support independent advice on practical development and skills solutions.
Navigator Discovery Tool is a diagnostic tool specifically designed for financial services employers to undertake a bespoke and informative self-assessment. The tool has been developed by the National Skills Academy for Financial Services as part of a Business Innovation Pathfinder project and has involved financial services employers and our provider network. The Navigator Discovery Tool is a valuable way to establish relationships with employers.
- The Navigator Discovery Tool diagnoses your specific business needs
- The results of the Navigator Discovery Tool will give you a better understanding of the areas of strength and development needs within your business
- You will have support from a dedicated Business Analyst who will take you through the four step Navigator Approach
- The Navigator Discovery Tool is designed specifically with financial services in mind so it is relevant to your business
- The tool is user-friendly, concise and professional
Why use Navigator?
- You can tailor the Navigator approach to your business. Choose from the standard performance area question sets, the shortened versions, or create a bespoke programme with your Business Analyst to suit your business needs
- The professional report produced by the Navigator Discovery Tool can inform an action plan to target business areas identified as ones needing improvement
- The Navigator Discovery Tool covers eight main areas of business performance so that a comprehensive evaluation can be made
- Use the Navigator Discovery Tool to kick-start your business planning process, have your senior managers use it individually to produce a combined report or use it as an annual barometer for a benchmark on progress.
What does it include?
- A four step approach to undertake a structured, face-to-face fact find with a dedicated business analyst
- The Navigator Discovery Tool, a web-based questionnaire made up of the following main business performance areas:
- Serving customers well
- Managing performance
- Strong organisation
- Effective operations
- Leadership at all levels
- Behaving the right way
- Innovating and improving
- Skilled workforce
- The option to choose from additional performance areas such as Compliance with Regulatory Requirements.
- A professional report that highlights your strengths, development needs, and potential solutions to work towards enhanced business performance
A four day customer service programme that brings together outstanding training modules from existing programmes. The first three days (‘Communication’, ‘Fundamentals’, ‘Challenges’) are based upon the award-winning STARS programme created by Admin Re. The fourth day (‘Psychology’) is based upon Inspire International’s highly-renowned Mindspan programme.
The complete programme is 4 days though each day can be purchased separately.
- Course content can be tailored to a firm’s unique needs
- Flexible ‘mix and match’ approach to delivery
- Access to award-winning high-quality training content
Developing relationships and improving sales within financial services
‘Selling for Success’ consists of five one-day workshops designed to help your employees build the skills and knowledge to develop business relationships and maximise sales opportunities.
- People who are new to sales
- Professionals where selling is not their first discipline
- Sales people at all levels, including management who want to adopt a more strategic approach
The workshops can be mixed and matched according to your employees’ interests and needs. The five workshops are:
- Fundamentals of Selling
- Impact Selling
- Intelligent Selling
- Systematic Selling
- Powerful Negotiations
- Improved ability to build relationships and promote your services, leading to strategic targeting of potential new customers, increased sales, growth of your customer base, an increase in profit margins and improved customer retention
- Access to high quality, accredited training content, delivered by accredited trainers
- Content tailored to your unique needs
- Flexible ‘mix and match’ approach to delivery
- Cost effective pricing that leads to a return on investment
- The credibility and quality of services, support and assistance that comes from the Skills Academy